School Fundraising ~ Help Grandview meet our goal…
Encourage your school to do a fundraiser in support of the important work that takes place Grandview Children’s Centre.
Some ideas include:
- A-thons (walk-a-thon, dance-a-thon, swim-a-thon, read-a-thon)
- Sales (bake sales, book sales, lemonade stands)
- Fashion and talent shows
- Toy Drives
- Holiday O-grams (Easter, Valentine’s Day, Christmas)
- Community car washes
- Sport tournaments
- Make your own donation to Grandview Children’s Centre
- Make a donation in honour of someone special
- Or, support Grandview during special events in your life, such as birthdays, bar/bat mitzvahs, or other celebrations
Get creative and have fun!
High school ~ Youth and Philanthropy Initiative (YPI)
is an idea that has grown organically in communities across Canada, through the drive and wish to contribute of local youth, and the natural link that many of these youth find with community foundations.Canadian youth philanthropy has had help too. Through Community Foundations of Canada (CFC), the membership organization for the country’s community foundations, regional and national resources and support have been provided to youth advisory councils (YACs) as they emerge and develop. CFC is excited about the contribution that youth have to make to healthy, sustainable communities.
To find out more about the resources and support offered nationally by CFC please call 1.604.986.3084.
For more information go to the Youth in Philanthropy website.