3 on 3 Road Hockey Tournament in support of Grandview Kids presented by Meineke Car Care Centre Oshawa
- Recreational: open to all ages
- Competitive: minimum age of 16
Male, Female or Co-Ed teams are all acceptable for both divisions.
Sunday, September 24, 2017
*RAIN OR SHINE*
Registration deadline: September 22nd, 2017
9:00am: team sign-in; all players must be included on signed Waiver of Liability
10:00am: tournament play begins
6:00pm: tournament concludes
Shared parking lots of Meineke Car Care Centre Oshawa and McIntosh-Anderson-Kellam Funeral Home
162 King Street East, Oshawa
Free parking is available on all nearby streets, as well as in the Mary Street Parkade
$300 per team or $30 for Individual Players
- each team is guaranteed three round robin games
- at registration sign-in, each participant will be required to submit a fully completed and signed Waiver of Liability
Please note: All Individual participants will be assigned to a recreational team.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW: Registration deadline September 22nd, 2017
Learn about sponsorship opportunities for this tournament.
TOURNAMENT RULES – HIGHLIGHTS:
- Each team can have a maximum of 10 on its roster.
- Games will be played in 25-minute allotments.
- All games will be played 3-on-3, plus the goaltender. At any time during the match, a team may choose to play without a goaltender if it chooses to do so.
- Teams are responsible for bringing their own team jerseys.
- Individual Participants will be assigned a jersey colour
- Goaltenders are required to bring their own full equipment. Helmet, Blocker, Catcher, Chest Protector, Goalie Stick and Pads are required for all goalies.
- Gloves, Stick and Running Shoes are required for all players. Helmets are recommended for all, but only mandatory for those under the age of 16.
- Any type of hockey stick is allowed, but if the official deems anything is dangerous, the player may be asked to switch sticks prior to play.
An accessible washroom will be available in the McIntosh-Anderson-Kellam Funeral Home located directly beside Meineke’s Car Care Centre where this event is being held.
This outdoor tournament will proceed RAIN OR SHINE except under conditions of severe weather systems. Severe weather may cause delays for scheduled game times. Please dress appropriate to the weather forecast.
CANCELLATIONS / REFUNDS:
All tournament registration fees are non-refundable.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW: registration deadline September 22nd, 2017
Why support Grandview Kids?
The paediatric experts at Grandview Children’s Centre provide outpatient treatment, rehabilitation services and more to 5,600 children and youth with special needs and their families in Durham Region every year, but 2,600 more kids are waiting to receive service from Grandview – and that number is expected to increase 31% over the next 20 years. Grandview’s main site in Oshawa was built in 1983 to serve 400 kids. Support from the community is needed to ensure earliest possible access to assessment and treatment for kids with special needs, and to help Grandview Children’s Centre build a new facility to meet the needs of Grandview Kids and their families in Durham Region now, and in the future. Thank you for your support!
89105 8547 RR0001